Template contract - The Ownergy Solar Park EPC agreement
The contractual arrangement between the solar farm owner and the EPC contractor is crucial to the success and value of the project. It ensures that the design and construction of the plant is tailored to provide the performance and therefore financial returns that the investors are expecting.
Ownergy has developed a template suite of documents to incorporate all the aspects that the parties will require in these circumstances.
The Ownergy Solar Park EPC Contract
The suite of inter-locking documents comprise the following:
- A very short master agreement with the primary terms and contract price
- A statement of general terms with all the main requirements for all such contracts
- A statement of particular terms, tailored to the specific requirement of this project
- The Employer's Requirements, detailing the design constraints for the project
Supplementary schedules, which are referred to in theses documents, include
- A schedule of documents
- A schedule of parties
- The project timetable
- The Design Dossier (the detailed design undertaken by the contractor to meet the Employer's Requirements)
- Site work preliminaries detailing the working standards to be applied on site.