Find answers to your questions about renewable energy tariffs and energy options

What if I own more than one installation - will I be paid less?

Not unless you are in receipt of tariffs for more than 25 solar PV installations.  If that is the case, you will receive a lower tariff.  These lower tariffs are in the third column of the table linked here, and described in the footnotes to this table.

What’s the difference between a co-developer and a normal project developer?

A co-developer is an expert company, which works with a site owner or energy user to realise a renewable energy project. Normal project developers aim to install the project as principal, and may rent the land from the owner and/or provide electricity to local users.

In a co-development the project owner will retain most of the revenues generated from the Feed-In Tariffs. A normal project developer would keep all this benefit, and pay a modest rent to the landowner.

Can the Tariffs be applied for if the company is taking part in the Carbon Reduction Commitment?

The government intends to treat energy which earns tariffs the same way as ROC-earning generation (i.e. it would not qualify as zero emissions but would have to be assigned emissions at the grid average).

The only way of getting full renewable credit under the CRC, therefore, is not to register for Feed-In Tariffs, the Renewable Heat Incentive or the Renewables Obligation.

We think this is inappropriate and are making representations accordingly.

If you aren’t connected to the grid, would you still receive the production aspect of the tariffs?

Yes, you will get the standard generation tariff, but can't get the extra 3p export tariff. We believe it'll still be an attractive proposition in most cases, because the avoided costs off-grid are generally higher (diesel gensets etc.).

However, if your system is DC, there's a major catch.

Powered By WolfeWare